- Make sure said toddler is well fed. Hungry toddlers, even slightly hungry, makes them suddenly hangry when they see the camera.
- Hold a toy up by the camera or in your other hand. If it makes a sound, it's even better!
- Play some music and even sing. Desperate times call for desperate measures. You may find yourself in the middle of public singing Twinkle Twinkle. But hey! If you get those photos, it makes yourself looking like a fool totally worth it.
- Play fetch! Yes, I just said that. I often keep a small stash of toys in my pocket and throw it somewhere. Valentina loves this! She will happily run off to get it and come running back with a smile.
- Lastly, relax! Photo time should be fun! If it's not, stop, take a breather, do something else and then try again.
I hope this list helps you with getting those precious shots. If you have anymore tips, let me know! Toddlers can be unpredictable so it's handy to have lots of back up ideas.
Thanks for reading and next time we will talk about taking your pics from cute to cute and amazing.
Krystal Pires xx